Varicose eczema

From flare-ups to treatments, everyone’s experience with eczema can be different. But, when you don’t have the basic knowledge you need to look after your skin, tailoring your treatment routine is a challenge. A great way to learn the best methods for managing your eczema is by asking our skin experts all of your questions!
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:59 pm

Varicose eczema

I would like to know how I can improve the varicose Eczema on the bottom of my legs please.

I do not get any pain but I do have a patch of red on my legs that look unsightly and would like to get rid of the red marks please. Thank you (Caroline)
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Anton Alexandroff
Report Quote

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Re: Varicose eczema

Dear Caroline

Thank you for your question. Try eumovate cream over the counter once daily for at least 1 month and hydromol cream or ointment twice a day. Ask your GP practice nurse to check your legs artery pressure (ABPI) and if normal you can try support stockings for 3 months. If this does not help see you GP or dermatologist for a stronger topical treatment and a vascular surgeon for treatment of varicose veins.
I hope this sis helpful.
Kind Regards,
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts