Acne returned and extreme scaly skin

talkhealth are teaming up with The British Skin Foundation, The Psoriasis Association, The British Association of Skin Camouflage (BASC) and Vitiligo Society to offer an online expert clinic on general skin conditions.

Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
lizsheahan
Report Quote

by lizsheahan on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:42 am

Acne returned and extreme scaly skin

I had acne on my forehead since I was 14 I went on the combined pill which solved it and was taken off due to a blood clot and then was put on lymecycline and no spots returned . I stopped lymecycline autumn last year . The last 2 month my skin has been very problematic . I started getting spots in my hairline , the under the skin red sort and it’s not spread back to my forehead . I had a skin infection a month ago which also flared up my skin . I also have scaly and flaky skin which I have never had before . I haven’t changed my skin care routine and I really need advice on what to do . Thanks :)

Dr Anton Alexandroff
Report Quote

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Re: Acne returned and extreme scaly skin

Thank you for your question. Ask your dermatologist for Roacutane treatment for acne. It sounds like you also have seborrheic dermatitis, so you may also need ketoconazole cream or shampoo.
I hope this is helpful.
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts