Black heads at and pustules

BSF and talkhealth are teaming up to offer an online expert clinic on acne & spots. Post your questions here
2 posts
AudreyS1608
Report Quote

by AudreyS1608 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Black heads at and pustules

Hello,
I am 30 years old lady and I almost always get new pustules on my face for the last few months.
I used in the past Zineryt gel. It was effective but stopped using as I don't like using chemicals on my skin for too long.
I am on Mirena coil and know that this can cause acne, but is there anything natural that I can use to help with the pustules?
I also have many open pores on my face and they turn into black heads.
Tried scrubbing and I am using micellar water to clean my face but I don't see any difference.
Would you recommend anything for the black heads please?
Thank you.

Thivimaru
Report Quote

by Thivimaru on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Re: Black heads at and pustules

Thank you for your questions. With regards to effective treatment options its important when managing acne to use preventative creams to reduce the chance of new pimples developing. If you have pustules and blackheads one treatment that might help is adapalene gel combined with benzoyl perodixe (Epiduo) this should be used carefully and will require a prescription from your GP and instructions on how to use as it can cause redness and peeling if too much is used or applied too frequently.
Another ingredient to look for is Salicylic Acid which can help to reduce inflammation and unclog pores.
The mirena coil can trigger acne for some women- if this doesn't settle down and the timing of the acne starting fits with the timing of the coil being inserted there are alternative options such as the copper coil but this is something to discuss with your GP

Best wishes

Dr Thivi
Dr Thiviyani Maruthappu
Consultant Dermatologist

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... maruthappu

2 posts