Is this acne or should I see a doctor?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

9 posts
Chrisc1985

by Chrisc1985 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm

Is this acne or should I see a doctor?

Hi, lately I see an increased number of moles and bumps in my body and I’m worried. There’s no dermatologist around here, the closest one is 4 hours away from my town. I would like to ask for your help, if I post a pic here would someone be able to tell me if I should go to a doctor or not? I got a pimple in the middle of my chest 2 weeks ago and I kept fiddling with it and eventually became a sore. From googling around it looks close to basal cell carcinoma but it’s healing slowly. This is what it looks like and I notice more appear around it.

https://ibb.co/JCbzsFN

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Re: Is this acne or should I see a doctor?

Hello - one of the positive new ways around speaking with doctors and booking e-appointments it is possible to send a photo of the concern that you have - so this may be a quick route to go down. Alternatively suggest you go to a chemist and show them the photo etc - as they can also point you in the right direction. Keep a look out also for the live clinics we run with the British Skin Foundation as you can then post your photo there and ask them your questions.

Thank you
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

limogesbeauty

by limogesbeauty on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 am

You may not need to see a doctor if you can control your acne by gently washing your skin with soap or by using lotions or creams that you can buy at the grocery store or pharmacy. You may want to see a doctor for your acne if: Home treatment does not work and your acne gets worse.

scilover

by scilover on Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:49 am

Do you know if acne appears due to too much intake of oil ?

abhinavbhatt

by abhinavbhatt on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Acne is a chronic, phlogistic skin condition that causes spots and pimples, in particular on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms. Here, I will suggest to you how to remove acne marks naturally:
Apple cider vinegar can be an effective treatment for acne.
Baking Soda to Fade Away the Acne Marks.
Cucumber.
Turmeric to Remove Dark Spots and Acne Marks.
Orange Peel Powder Face Mask for Acne Marks.
Potato to Clean your Skin.
Apply a small amount of toothpaste directly to your pimple.
If you want to know more information then go to studio6 clinic.

shruthi143

by shruthi143 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Acnes are quiet normal in adolescence age. But if the acne is disturbing you and causing a lot of pain and spreading all over the face and body, then it's a sign to visit a doctor. Take a advice from dermatologist.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:50 pm

I don't think severe acne should be considered a normal part of adolescence. Hardly anyone I went to school with had it. I think it a severe skin problem that - as said - needs treatment from a dermatoloigist.

I will sound very negative here, though: I don't believe it can be "cured" (for lack of a better word). Once someone has it, they'll always have it: even if it is just mildly. Of course dermatologists do have excellent treatments, but - basically - don't expect a miracle from your dermatologist. He/she can reduce it and make your skin far more comfortable, but they can't completely eradicate it.

I don't mean to sound so negative, because you MUST seek treatment. Just don't have false hopes.

Loki0213

by Loki0213 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:24 am

You may not need to see a doctor if you can control your acne by gently washing your skin with soap or by using lotions or creams that you can buy at the grocery store or pharmacy. You may want to see a doctor for your acne if home treatment does not work and your acne gets worse.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:42 pm

I second loki0213's post.

Sensible advice: I would follow it.

9 posts