Sunscreen causes bad chest, shoulder, back acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
Brian4444

by Brian4444 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Sunscreen causes bad chest, shoulder, back acne

I’ll start off by saying how frustrating it is listening to many “dermatologists or professionals” saying sunscreen does not cause acne. I don’t have too bad of a body acne issue during regular everyday life. Every time I go on a holiday I would breakout severely. I was always told it was the climate and/or sun causing this but I didn’t believe them. So I ran two tests, first I went on a holiday and didn’t wear any sunscreen on my chest. Yes I know this is bad as skin cancer risk increases. However for the test I had no acne issues, just increased sun burns. Then I decided to do a test living my normal life back home in the winter. I wore sunscreen on one side of my body but not the other for multiple days in a row and the one side was far worse than the other.
I’ve tried using face sunscreen (aveeno and neutrogena) on my whole body but no changes. I’ve used zinc sunscreen (aveeno) and the results helped a little bit but after 3 days in a row it got really bad. I went to one dermatologist that told me nothing will help and I’ll have to either have bad acne or wear a shirt to swim and lay on the beach with.
I really enjoy laying on the beach and want to do long beach trips but my main limiting factor is this. I am constantly avoiding the sun so I can avoid sunscreen. Would like to be able to enjoy the sun, while protecting myself from harmful rays and without having bad acne. The type of acne is many red spots and about 3/4 develop into large white heads. They will stay around for about 2 weeks after last time using sunscreen.
Anyone have any luck with this issue. Age hasn’t helped, had this issue from about 17-28z

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:03 am

Re: Sunscreen causes bad chest, shoulder, back acne

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the forum and sorry to see that you have not had a reply to your request for advice.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice but we have previously had a guest blogger that has written about acne. In their article it seems they do suggest that you need to wear the sunscreen (despite the fact it may block the pores and exacerbate the issue potentially!)

Have a look here; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... from-acne/

Hope that this may be of some interest to you though.

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts