Please Help - trying to clear acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Johnsampson

by Johnsampson on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:21 am

Please Help - trying to clear acne

I'm 20 years old and I am have been suffering from moderate acne for some time now. I will soon be leaving university and going into the workforce and I am desperate to completely get rid of my acne before then as I fear I will not be taken seriously in this particular industry. Here is the rundown of my current situation.

My current diet is as follows:
. Breakfast: Oats with coconut milk and chia seeds. Black coffee no sugar.
. Lunch: Chicken with avocado and baby spinach (only seasoning is pepper).
. Dinner: Usually meat and vegetables.
. Snacks: Typically 1 banana, 1 apple, almonds and walnuts, 1 tin of tuna.
. Liquid: I usually drink around 3 litres of water per day. I drink Kombucha on occasion.

Supplements I am currently:
- Probiotic
- Zinc
- Apple cider vinegar

Lifestyle:
- I exercise almost daily
- I am not a big drinker, if I do its usually red wine.
- I don't smoke
- I am not on any medication

Things I am doing to try reduce acne:
- Cut out dairy.
- Cut out whey protein.
- Cut out sugar.

Routine:
- I wash my face and moisture once per day. I use Nivea men products. (I have used them for some time and was working fine at the start).
- Change towels and pillow cases weekly.
- Usually get my 8 hours of sleep, maybe 1 or 2 nights a week I don't.

I have tried proactive+ in the past which did work for me but I am concerned about using it again due to the long term effects it may have on my skin.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am desperate!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:20 am

Re: Please Help - trying to clear acne

Hi Johnsampson

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at an Ask the Expert session we ran back in July for Acne, https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... php?f=1185, you can read the questions asked and the answers provided by our experts here.

It may also be worth a visit to your doctor who may prescribe a topical solution or an antibiotic which you can use as and when you get flare ups. and let's not forget our fabulous members who can reply to you direct.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

03iburns

by 03iburns on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:42 am

Re: Please Help - trying to clear acne

Hi john
Has cutting out processed sugar not worked for you? Because it worked for me but I also massively increased the amount of natural sugars such as natural hole fruit ( not fruit juice) so for me I am not sure if it was the fruit or cutting out the sugar that worked but after a week I stopped seeing any new spots come up. Obviously it took a while for the existing ones to go but they did eventually.
Johnsampson wrote:I'm 20 years old and I am have been suffering from moderate acne for some time now. I will soon be leaving university and going into the workforce and I am desperate to completely get rid of my acne before then as I fear I will not be taken seriously in this particular industry. Here is the rundown of my current situation.

My current diet is as follows:
. Breakfast: Oats with coconut milk and chia seeds. Black coffee no sugar.
. Lunch: Chicken with avocado and baby spinach (only seasoning is pepper).
. Dinner: Usually meat and vegetables.
. Snacks: Typically 1 banana, 1 apple, almonds and walnuts, 1 tin of tuna.
. Liquid: I usually drink around 3 litres of water per day. I drink Kombucha on occasion.

Supplements I am currently:
- Probiotic
- Zinc
- Apple cider vinegar

Lifestyle:
- I exercise almost daily
- I am not a big drinker, if I do its usually red wine.
- I don't smoke
- I am not on any medication

Things I am doing to try reduce acne:
- Cut out dairy.
- Cut out whey protein.
- Cut out sugar.

Routine:
- I wash my face and moisture once per day. I use Nivea men products. (I have used them for some time and was working fine at the start).
- Change towels and pillow cases weekly.
- Usually get my 8 hours of sleep, maybe 1 or 2 nights a week I don't.

I have tried proactive+ in the past which did work for me but I am concerned about using it again due to the long term effects it may have on my skin.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am desperate!

3 posts