Washing your face when you have acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
JJ-storm

by JJ-storm on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Washing your face when you have acne

1. When applying Duac once daily gel I wash my hands with hand wash and then just wash my face with water before applying the gel, what cleansing routine should I be using to improve my acne? Should I be using some sort of soap when washing my face?
2. I also dry my face with a paper towel/kitchen roll sheet instead of a towel as I find it is cleaner than towels, could this be making my acne worse as small bits from the paper towel/kitchen roll sheets could be sticking to my face and clogging pores?

andreaswift

by andreaswift on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 am

Re: Washing your face when you have acne

Thanks for sharing . Aside from washing your face cleansing, toning, and moisturizing is also necessary for your skin. use a makeup remover to get rid of dirt and makeup on your face. Then keep your hair and hands away from your face too. I know it's so tempting to pop a pimple when you have one, but if you do, it'll be infected and it won't go away.

2 posts