Stress inconvenience after childbirth

If you have questions about urinary incontinence (urge and stress) please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Samipah1

by Samipah1 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Stress inconvenience after childbirth

Since I had my first child I've suffered from stress inconvenience, I can run or jump, sometimes sneeze, without leaking a bit. I suffered a 3b tear during my first birth and some how didn't get sent any follow up appointments after my first appointment with a physiotherapist, I didn't find this out until I was pregnant with my second and the consultant asked why I didn't have any follow up appointments.
I have actually seen a doctor but this was before my second birth, she just said that she could feel a bulge on the inside, at the top of my vagina, but that it wasn't a prolapse and just needed to carry on doing pelvic floor exercises. I've always done pelvic floor exercises and they don't seem to be improving anything.
Is it worth me trying to get help from a gp again and possibly ask to see a physiotherapist or is there something else I could do to help with my inconvenience ?
Thanks 🙂

Mr Chris Harding

by Mr Chris Harding on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Re: Stress inconvenience after childbirth

Thanks for the question. I would advise that you seek an assessment from a pelvic floor physiotherapist or continence advisor. If appropriate you may be referred to a urologist or urogynaecologist.
Mr Chris Harding
Consultant Urological Surgeon

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... arding.php

2 posts