suffering with chronic pain and worried about depression

Post your questions on chronic pain here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:17 pm

suffering with chronic pain and worried about depression

I have suffered with ill health and in particular pain for the last 2 years and finding it increasingly difficult to deal with. Is there anything that you would recommend to help or support me as I am very concerned that I might start becoming depressed with it all.
Thank you, Ali
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Fran McElwaine

by Fran McElwaine on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Re: suffering with chronic pain and worried about depression

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering. Without knowing more about the pain you are experiencing, it is difficult to be specific, but very often both chronic pain and depression are caused by inflammation. One of the best ways to lower inflammation is by choosing to avoid sugary or starchy foods and alcohol. If you can do this and eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables you will also be providing your body with the fibre and nutrients it needs to fight infection naturally and cool down any inflammation there may be.

It is also very important to drink plenty of water so your liver and kidneys can work efficiently to flush out any toxins.

With a little more information, it may be possible to offer some more targeted advice.

Thinking of you!
Fran
Fran McElwaine
AFMC, CHHC - Functional Health & Lifestyle Coach

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... lwaine.php

2 posts