Bowel incontinence

Post your questions about Accidental Bowel Leakage for MS here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Shazza49

by Shazza49 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Bowel incontinence

I regularly have my bowels open each morning but then when passing urine a couple of hours later I experience a small loss of liquid faeces without any sensation of having passed same. Is this due to loss of muscle control as I also have problems with urinary incontinence and Is there any solution, please!! Just read the post from sparky 123 about vitamin D, been taking Adcal-d3 for past 5 years because of scan showing oesteoparenia, wasn't aware that vitamin d could affect you this way. Next scan booked for July so hoping it's been successful and I can stop these tablets and maybe the bowel problem will stop also!!

Polly Weston

by Polly Weston on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

Re: Bowel incontinence

I hope your next scan shows improvement, but you are right, having good strength and tone to the pelvic floor muscle will most likely help improve the bladder and bowel leakage you are experiencing.
To seek help with this ask your GP to refer you to your local NHS community bladder and bowel service or you can find via NHS choices.

It might also be worth considering if you are sitting in the optimal position on the toilet to fully evacuate faeces from the bowel. If this sitting position is achieved then the rectum can be fully emptied, and ABL is less likely.
You can find out about the correct sitting position via the website www.squatty.potty.co.uk

Polly
Polly Weston
Team Lead South Cumbria Continence Service

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... weston.php

2 posts