Help & Answers Please

Post your questions about Accidental Bowel Leakage for MS here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Peace2015Above

by Peace2015Above on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Help & Answers Please

Hi there I was just wondering if there is anything that can cause bowel leakage when one has a Neurogenic bladder? the reason is that I have lost complete feeling of wanting to pass urine e.g holding 3.2 Litres without pain. & now my bowel is starting to have leakage & I have to wear pads. is there something I can get & use for this issue ? other than pads or diapers ? I'm 53 years old male :oops: :(

Shane

Polly Weston

by Polly Weston on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am

Re: Help & Answers Please

Hi Shane

I would recommend that you seek advise from your local community NHS bladder and bowel Service to see if they can support you to strengthen the rectal pelvic floor muscle.

There is a small soft, silicone device called a renew insert that fits in the rectum to create a seal and prevent bowel leakage. Patients report that this is comfortable to wear and more discrete than a pad. It comes with an applicator and insertion guide. The company that manufacturers the renew insert can issue you with a starter pack so you can trail and then discuss with your GP/health care professional to decide whether this prescription is appropriate.

The patient help line number for Renew Medical is 0800 542 0814

Polly
Polly Weston
Team Lead South Cumbria Continence Service

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... weston.php

2 posts