Chronic Tension Headache and Upper Back Pain For 6 Years

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
Mattylw32

by Mattylw32 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Chronic Tension Headache and Upper Back Pain For 6 Years

I have been suffering from a permenant chronic tension headache, severe tightness around my right temple on the right side, neck pain, and severe muscle pain/knots by my right shoulder blade and in my right lat. it’s been 24/7 for 6 years.

I’ve seen my GP numeous times over the years, seen a Nuerologist, had nerve block injections, MRI’s, long courses of massage, accupunture, osteopathy, physio, posture correction, eyes tested...EVERYTHING.

It’s not daily or weekly pain. It’s been pain and chronic tension severely prohibiting my life 24/7 with no let up for 6 years. No one seems to have a solution or cause. I have to lay on a tennis ball on my upper back by my right shoulder blade whenever I can for minor relief, which hurts like hell, but brings a little pressure relief from the head.

It’s ruining my life, and making me not go out, constantly miserable and ruining my work and social life.

The only things I haven’t had is Botox or a trigger point type injections.

Any ideas at all?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Chronic Tension Headache and Upper Back Pain For 6 Years

Hi Mattylw32

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear about your difficulties and can only imagine how exhausting trialling all the different options must be. Do have a look at our pain forum, we have two different sections one for back, neck and shoulder pain, https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... .php?f=116, and one for treatments for pain, [urlhttps://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=177][/url].

We hope our members can share some options for you too. Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon May 22, 2023 4:46 am

Recognizing and keeping away from cerebral pain triggers might forestall a strain migraine. Keeping a standard rest, exercise, and dinner plan is likewise useful. In the event that pressure migraines happen routinely or oftentimes, treatments like mental social treatment, unwinding treatment, or biofeedback might diminish or dispose of cerebral pains.

usmanmadugu8@gmail.com

by usmanmadugu8@gmail.com on Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:28 am

I just realized this thread is 4 years old! If you're still around and reading this, I'd be really interested to hear if you've found any relief or solutions since your original post.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 pm

usmanmadugu8@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:28 am
I just realized this thread is 4 years old! If you're still around and reading this, I'd be really interested to hear if you've found any relief or solutions since your original post.
I would also be interested if you have found a solution. Four years is a fairly long time. If you're reading this, do update your post with us!

5 posts