Please can you help?

If you have questions about prostate health please post them here for our experts and charity partners to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
medina1956

by medina1956 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:38 am

Please can you help?

HI, I have had 24/7 pain in my right testicle area for some considerable time now and its getting me down, I have no idea what it may be I did go to GP and to be honest it was just ignored, and I will NOT be touched by anyone either down in that area. I mean I explained to her it is painful and never lets up yet she did nothing about it. I am also now totally urinary incontinent and again nothing has been done other than refer me to district nurses to obtain incontinent pads. I realise that there is absolutely nothing to visibly see and no need for any invasive personal "examination" I have told them the issue.
Can you help? do you have any ideas what it may be please?
I am just 61 years of age, have suffered stroke in 2014 which has left me with no use of my right side at all and wheelchair dependant. I really dont need this on top of it all :(

Camerlengo

by Camerlengo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Please can you help?

I also have pain in my right testicle, and have had for over 15 years. A scan at my local hospital revealed small cysts in the epididimus. I was advised that surgery may not eliminate the discomfort, and may make the situation worse. I was also advised to take paracetamol until they didn't help and then obtain stronger painkillers via prescription.

Jonathan Makanjuola

by Jonathan Makanjuola on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:14 pm

I am sorry you are both having pain in the testicles . It is a common problem I see in my clinics and very debilitating and frustrating for the patients I treat. Often it is started by an infection or minor trauma and your nerves that supply the testicle and skin over it become hypersensitive . Often paracetamol doesn't work . This type of chronic pain in the absence of a cause (such as a proven infection of the waterworks or a significant abnormally on the ultrasound of the scrotum) is part of a chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) and requires a multi disciplinary approach . I my hospital see men with CPPS (in a joint urology pain clinic with a pain consultant ) and exclude a urological cause that can be treated like infection or cysts or dilated veins in the testis. In other hospitals they are separate clinics (urology and pain clinic).

The chronic pain consultant can offer special pain killers for the neuropathic (nerve pain) and or local anaesthetic inject to the nerves supplying the testicle blocking the pain but this treatment needs to be done periodically to be effective.

to medina1956
Given the fact you had a stoke this can mean you have a few issues affecting the bladder . The nerves to the bladder can give off abnormal signals causing the incontinance and neuropathic (nerve pain) . I would suggest you go see your local urologist as you many need a special bladder test called urodynamics to really see whats happening with your bladder. In addition the urologist can to help with the neuropathic pain in the testicles after a scan is done to exclude any significant pathology. There are effective medications that can help with the bladder spasm causing incontinance but the special test may be needed to diagnose this as.

to Camerlengo
often there may be pathology like a small cyst but I agree may not be the cause of you pain. Unless the cyst is bigger then 1 cm and is the pinpoint source of pain when examined an operation is often not curative and can make the chronic pain worse. I suggest to see your local urologist to explore if a pain clinic consultation is required , if the urologist can not offer any further treatment
Jonathan Makanjuola
Consultant Urologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... njuola.php

medina1956

by medina1956 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi, Jonathan Makanjuola

Thanks for your reply to my personal ailment. You have actually given me more information on this issue than I have ever received from the incompetent local GPs. All I have to do now is to locate a "private" GP to get the relevant scans undertaken.
Thanks again for your help.
medina1956 (Kyle)

4 posts