Bladder and Bowel UK (formerly PromoCon)
Bladder & Bowel UK works as an integral part of the charity Disabled Living providing a national service for people with bladder and bowel problems.
We provide impartial advice and clinical information relating to continence issues, products and services by helping people resolve or manage their bladder and bowel problems more effectively, and provide practical solutions to what may appear initially to be irresolvable problems.
The ultimate aim is to improve the quality of life for individuals, who have bladder and/or bowel problems and their families and carers.
What we do
- Bladder & Bowel UK provides impartial advice and support to adults and children with bladder and bowel problems. We provide guidance on all aspects of continence care to carers, advocates and support services.
- We have a dedicated web site and telephone help line and offer clinical advice.
- Act as a national resource for professionals, organisations and charities, places of employment and education establishments.
- Encourage collaborative working through national and international networks of supporters.
- Offer training for professionals and carers.
- Offer outside consultancy.
How do we do it
- The Bladder & Bowel UK Team comprise Continence Nurse Specialists and Knowledge Information Co-ordinators who provide advice and information, signposting to other services, professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- We offer a confidential telephone helpline Mon – Fri 9.00am – 4.30pm, for individuals, professionals and carers.
- Bladder & Bowel UK houses a national continence product display of continence pads, aids, appliances, chair/bed protection, washable products, specialist swim wear and clothing that currently available in this country, which people can visit by prior appointment.
- Offer a range of information brochures, booklets and publications – many of which are
available to download free from our web site.
- Continence product web shop.
- Act as a resource to other charities/organisations.
- Work with other organisations e.g. schools, places of work, charities.
Charity No: 224742