Eczema Outreach Support
Set-up in 2011 by the mother of a young girl suffering from severe atopic dermatitis, EOS delivers the only 1-1 emotional and practical support service to families with eczema. We aim to:
- Provide personalised support to the children and their families at an early stage: welcome packs; 1-1 emotional and practical support; advocacy meetings; “High 5 Club” resources and workshops, “XY Club” (projects and meet-ups for teens), pen-pal scheme and self-management tools.
- Offer a community of peers: 3 large events each year, local group meetings and an online community.
- Educate others: awareness workshops in schools; Heath Visitors sessions and campaigns.
Our Vision and Aims
“Families with eczema flourish in a society where they can lead healthy and fulfilled lives.”
- To support and empower families through the provision of practical information, emotional support and opportunities to meet others.
- To build the confidence and self-management skills of children and young people with eczema, thus enhancing their long-term health and well-being.
- To reduce stigma and improve understanding of eczema by raising awareness of the condition in communities, schools and with the general public.
- To improve services by working with healthcare professionals and influencing policy