WellChild is the national charity for seriously ill children, young people and their families. Across the UK there are estimated to be more than 100,000 children and young people living with serious illness or exceptional health needs. Many spend months, even years in hospital simply because there is no support enabling them to leave.
WellChild exists to meet this growing need at a time of increasingly stretched NHS resources. With the support of the charity’s Patron Prince Harry, WellChild’s purpose is to give these children and young people the very best chance to thrive - at home, together with their families.
Help us support seriously ill children and their families in the UK. Please consider a donation www.wellchild.org.uk/donate
What we do
- Getting children home - WellChild Nurses work across the UK to get children and young people out of hospital quicker and for longer.
- Making homes safer – The WellChild Helping Hands programme makes homes and gardens safer and more suitable for children and young people living at home with exceptional health needs.
- Empowering parents – Establishing tools and resources to give parents and carers the confidence to care for their children safely at home.
- Supporting families – Connecting families across the UK for mutual support, advice and friendship through online groups and events. WellChild also provides support to families caring for children and young people with the rare condition Wolfram Syndrome.
- Influencing change – Research and campaigns funded and facilitated by WellChild to raise awareness and influence decision making to make life better for all children, young people and families.
Follow us on Facebook facebook.com/WellChildUK
Find us on Twitter twitter.com/WellChild